Today I had decided to start a new blog series centred around Microsoft PowerApps.   I decided I wanted to build out a quick little training request app on a SharePoint list.  While starting out I ran into a bit of a snag while creating the first part of the PowerApp.  But I will summarise how things occurred.  I created the metadata I wanted to have in my list.  The list contained about 9 different fields including a User\Group field and a couple of look-ups.  When I attempted to create a Power App directly from the list I received the following error:

Invalid JWT token. Could not resolve issuer token.

Could not resolve jwt token. Could not resolve issuer token - Error Message

The full error was:

 

Going back to the list didn’t help any.  Even though I didn’t have a PowerApp created, the list thought it existed.

Could not resolve jwt token. Could not resolve issuer token - Remove View

Clicking “Remove this view” removes the PowerApp view from the list and doesn’t harm the metadata.

I thought at first I had a badly configured field, but nothing seemed out of place.  All of the fields were populating data as expected and the data saved successfully with the list forms.  Reviewing the error a bit closer it looked a lot like an access issue.  Problem is this is my tenant and currently I have only 3 accounts.  The one I was using was the global admin, so it shouldn’t have been that.

I then took a look at my PowerApps Admin console and noticed an exclamation point on the Connections menu.  Clicking on it, the newly created connection indicated the password needed to be updated.

PowerApps - Could not resolve jwt token. Could not resolve issuer token - Connection Error

Clicking on the “Update Password” option opens a dialog to the Microsoft portal.  I was then able to update my portal.  Next time I attempted to create my app it worked like a charm. I’ll talk about that next week. Hope this helps someone with a similar issue.

Thanks for reading!