I had to build a fairly complex workflow not long ago. The workflow was built in SharePoint Designer 2013 and had a lot of moving parts to it. So many, that when I went to publish it I received the following error message: “Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ActivityValidationException: Workflow XAML failed validation due to the following errors: Activity “SomeXActivity” has 65 arguments, which exceeds the maximum number of arguments per activity (50).” This error message is actually telling us that our workflow has too many variables within it. Basically, this is happening because when the workflow is running the Workflow Manager has to manage more 58 (in my case) variables. Workflow Manager only allows there to be 50 variables in the workflow… by default.
Hi recently had the privilege to do another presentation with Joanne Klein. This time we built a presentation off of a post that she had written around whether we should use flat or deep structures with our site collections and sub sites or if we should have something in between when designing a SharePoint site architecture. It was a lot of fun and we probably could have done entire presentation on just a portion of it. Either way, I promised our attendees that I would post our slide deck. You can find the slide deck here. Thank you very much to everyone who attended.
Thanks for reading!
I recently had a need to read data from an xml configuration file that was stored within a SharePoint library. To make things easier I of course went to Google (or Bing) and checked to see if someone else had yet blogged this. Couldn’t find anything, so in order to help out someone else that may need to do the same at some point, I wrote up a quick little blog. Note: this will only work for on-premises versions of SharePoint. I’ll update with a SharePoint Online version in the future. I’ll also write up how to add and delete contents in a future post as well.
Over a year ago, I wrote about SharePoint’s storage limits and threshold, why they are there and and can they be exceeded. I had started to illustrate how the content databases could be exceeded and to what extent, but I really never got to do some more in depth tests. I had promised to come back one day and perform more tests and to show if pushing SharePoint content databases beyond 200GB is possible in your environment.