Welcome to Part 2 of my “Quickly Build a Multi-Server SharePoint 2013 Developer Environment” blog post series. The idea for this series of posts started while I was reading Vlad Catrinescu’s blog about building a single server environment. It’s a great blog post, but I wanted a multi-server installation so decided to write a series of posts to describe the process of accomplishing this. If you’re wanting to build out a multi-server developer environment, the information in this series will help you achieve this..
In Part 1 I outlined the environment, showed you how to create and configure your VMs with PowerShell and walked you through installing Windows Server 2012. Click here to review that post. In this post I am going to show you how to configure your Domain Controller and Active Directory environment.
Posts in this series:
- Creating and Configuring the VM
- Configuring the Domain Controller, Active Directory and DNS – You are here!
- Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
- Preparing SharePoint Servers
- Creating the AutoSPInstaller Answer File and installing SharePoint