I recently had a need to read data from an xml configuration file that was stored within a SharePoint library. To make things easier I of course went to Google (or Bing) and checked to see if someone else had yet blogged this. Couldn’t find anything, so in order to help out someone else that may need to do the same at some point, I wrote up a quick little blog. Note: this will only work for on-premises versions of SharePoint. I’ll update with a SharePoint Online version in the future. I’ll also write up how to add and delete contents in a future post as well.
Ugh, patching servers. Yet another reason to move to SharePoint Online. I recently started another patching process as the servers were getting out of date and needed to have the environments upgraded. So while doing one server in particular I ran into a snag where the installer wouldn’t even run past the detection point. It simply kicked off and immediately returned the error “An Error Occurred While Running Detection”
I am going to go over the different steps I took to resolve this issue. I am even going to list the ones that should have worked but didn’t in case they will work for you.